Thanks to the sponsors of our activities and facilities
- DSI – Solar thermal spoke and projects (2018 to present)
Other (including donations)
- DSI-NRF – Solar thermal spoke (2013 to 2017)
- Eskom – Chair in Renewable Energy (CSP) (2013 to 2017)
- PFG Building Glass – for the donation of all glass mirrors for the Sasol Helio40 system.
- Austrian Development Agency
- ARCONA International (PTY) Ltd – Suppliers of Alanod solar materials
- 3M – Suppliers of solar mirror film
- SolAfrica – indefinite loan of Kipp & Zonen shadow ring measurement station
- Professor Nina Joblonski, Distinguished Professor of Anthropology, Penn State – donation of Kipp & Zonen UVS-AB-T sensor
- GeoModel Solar – Access to satellite derived solar and weather data for academic use
- Hope Project – Stellenbosch University
- Sasol – Sr. Researcher in CSP, supervisor grants, bursaries & special equipment grant (Helio40 project)
- TIA – Helio100 project
- TIA – Development of UAV services for CSP plants
Prospective funder or donor
If you or your organization would like to sponsor specific projects or the research group in general, please contact us at our Contact page. Some projects for which we seek funding are listed at our Research page.
We also welcome donations of solar thermal equipment or materials from technology suppliers.
* To our knowledge, the following South African entities do research in CSP and solar thermal energy systems. Please let us know if we have missed anyone.
Dedicated research groups
- STERG – Stellenbosch University
- GSET (Group for Solar Energy Thermodynamics) – UKZN
- Eskom (Utility)
- Sasol (Commercial)
As part of other research
- CSIR (Council for Scientific and Industrial Research)
- Thermofluids Research Group – UP
- ERC (Energy Research Centre) – UCT