The current round of applications for the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation’s International Climate Protection Fellowship is open until 1 February 2023. We are seeking young leaders and postdocs from non-European emerging economies and developing countries who want to come to Germany for up to 24 months to work together with a German host on a project they have chosen themselves. In the online event you will find out all you need to know about the requirements, potential topic areas, application procedure and search for a host.
- Citizenship of a non-European transition or developing country which is also the applicant’s habitual residence and place of work.
- Bachelor’s or equivalent academic degree completed less than twelve years ago
- Extensive professional experience or a successfully completed doctorate (less than four years ago) in climate protection or climate-related resource conservation
- A mentoring agreement signed by a host in Germany
- A proposal which candidates must draw up on their own and coordinate with their host.
- Clearly visible leadership potential
- A monthly fellowship of between €2,170 and €2,670, depending on career stage.
- Individual mentoring during the stay in Germany.
- Additional financial support for items such as family allowances, travel expenses or a German language course.
- A three-week introductory phase, during which fellows will have the opportunity to make contact with other climate protection fellows and visit companies, research institutions and cultural events in Germany.
- Extensive alumni sponsorship, especially support for networking with collaborative partners in Germany during the fellow’s entire professional career.
Date of webinar: 15 November : 13:30-14:30 CET
Join Zoom Meeting:avh-de.zoom.us/j/85321258800?pwd=RnM0WnhoOVpwQzBXdHJZUlJlTXU4UT09Meeting-ID: 853 2125 8800 Access code: 613269
You do not need to register in advance