Maintenance Supervisor Intern – Kathu Solar Park – Northern Cape, South Africa
EPC – Liciastar (Pty) Ltd
Liciastar, a Joint Venture between engineering and construction group SENER and the infrastructure, renewable energy and services corporation ACCIONA, is the Principal Contractor that developed the turnkey project of the Kathu solar thermal plant.
Kathu Solar Park is a 100 MW greenfield Concentrated Solar Power (CSP) project with parabolic trough technology and equipped with a molten salt storage system that allows 4.5 hours of thermal energy storage and thus limits the intermittent nature of solar energy. The solar field employs the SENER patented parabolic trough structure, the SENERTrough-2 (SNT-2).
Kathu Solar Park is located approximately 10km from the pleasant town of Kathu in the Northern Cape of South Africa.
Purpose of the Job
Currently in the warranty period of commercial operation of the project, Liciastar as the EPC Contractor’s, main responsibility is to supervise the works of the Operator.
The main goal of the Maintenance Supervisor Intern will be to be involved in the following projects or activities under the supervision of the Maintenance Manager and Technical Engineer:
• Assist the Maintenance Manager with supervising and tracking of plant maintenance
• Perform direct supervision of maintenance activities on-site, as well as familiarity with all O&M requirements to oversee adherence thereof
• Attend weekly meetings between EPC, Operator and Client, on the current status of maintenance, maintenance plan, scheduling, etc. All to be performed by Operator
• Aid in any other technical and/or commercial activities
• Degree Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or university degree
• Preferable experience during studies (including internships) in the OCGT/CCGT and/or CSP disciplines
Specific Knowledge /skills
• Strong interpersonal skills, excellent communication, negotiation, coordination skills.
• Work in a multicultural environment and multidisciplinary teams
• Work with IT systems like MS office, Document management software, etc.
• English language, Afrikaans and Spanish would be advantageous
• Valid Driver’s License
• Kathu, Northern Cape, South Africa
Employee Status: Contract 6 months January – June 2020
To apply please contact Robert Laurie at email@example.com